HMDB0000032 (7-Dehydrocholesterol) HMDB0000067 (Cholesterol) HMDB0000142 (Formic acid) HMDB0000217 (NADP) HMDB0000220 (Palmitic acid) HMDB0000221 (NADPH) HMDB0000227 (Mevalonic acid) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000256 (Squalene) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate)
- HMDB0000142 (Formic acid)
- Alendronate Action Pathway
- inhibition of this enzyme in osteoclasts prevents the biosynthesis of isoprenoid lipids (fpp and ggpp) that are essential for the post-translational farnesylation and geranylgeranylation of small gtpase signalling proteins. this activity inhibits osteoclast activity and reduces bone resorption and turnover.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Alendronate Action Pathway'