HMDB0000125 (Glutathione) HMDB0000148 (L-Glutamic acid) HMDB0000217 (NADP) HMDB0000221 (NADPH) HMDB0000464 (Calcium) HMDB0000547 (Magnesium) HMDB0001043 (Arachidonic acid) HMDB0001085 (Leukotriene B4) HMDB0001139 (Prostaglandin F2a) HMDB0001198 (Leukotriene C4)
- HMDB0001509 (20-Hydroxy-leukotriene B4)
- Arachidonic acid metabolism
- in resting cells arachidonic acid is present in the phospholipids (especially phosphatidylethanolamine and phosphatidylcholine) of membranes of the body’s cells, and is particularly abundant in the brain. typically a receptor-dependent event, requiring a transducing g protein, initiates phospholipid hydrolysis and releases the fatty acid into the intracellular medium.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Arachidonic acid metabolism'