HMDB0000036 (Taurocholic acid) HMDB0000067 (Cholesterol) HMDB0000123 (Glycine) HMDB0000138 (Glycocholic acid) HMDB0000217 (NADP) HMDB0000220 (Palmitic acid) HMDB0000221 (NADPH) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000251 (Taurine) HMDB0000359 (3alpha,7alpha-Dihydroxycoprostanic acid)
- HMDB0000220 (Palmitic acid)
- Cerebrotendinous Xanthomatosis (CTX)
- this enzyme catalyzes the first step in the oxidation of the side chain of sterol intermediates; the 27-hydroxylation of 5-beta-cholestane-3-alpha,7-alpha,12-alpha-triol. cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis is a rare, inherited lipid-storage disease with large deposits of cholesterol and cholestanol are found in virtually every tissue, particularly the achilles tendons, brain, and lungs.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Cerebrotendinous Xanthomatosis (CTX)'