HMDB0000037 (Aldosterone) HMDB0000294 (Urea) HMDB0000492 (Chloride ion) HMDB0000574 (L-Cysteine) HMDB0000586 (Potassium) HMDB0000588 (Sodium) HMDB0000595 (Hydrogen carbonate) HMDB0001933 (Furosemide) HMDB0002111 (Water)
- HMDB0000492 (Chloride ion)
- Furosemide Action Pathway
- this is achieved through competitive inhibition at the chloride binding site on the cotransporter, thus preventing the transport of sodium from the lumen of the loop of henle into the basolateral interstitium. consequently, the lumen becomes more hypertonic while the interstitium becomes less hypertonic, which in turn diminishes the osmotic gradient for water reabsorption throughout the nephron.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Furosemide Action Pathway'