HMDB0000044 (Ascorbic acid) HMDB0000062 (L-Carnitine) HMDB0000201 (L-Acetylcarnitine) HMDB0000208 (Oxoglutaric acid) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000254 (Succinic acid) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate) HMDB0000547 (Magnesium) HMDB0000795 (Pristanic acid) HMDB0000801 (Phytanic acid)
- HMDB0000208 (Oxoglutaric acid)
- Oxidation of Branched Chain Fatty Acids
- in mammals, beta-oxidation occurs in both mitochondria and peroxisomes, whereas plants and most fungi harbor the beta-oxidation cycle only in the peroxisomes. although the fatty acid oxidation scheme works neatly for even- numbered chain lengths, it can’t work completely for fatty acids that contain an odd number of carbons or branched chain fatty acids such as phytanic acid.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Oxidation of Branched Chain Fatty Acids'