HMDB0000045 (Adenosine monophosphate) HMDB0000124 (Fructose 6-phosphate) HMDB0000150 (Gluconolactone) HMDB0000217 (NADP) HMDB0000221 (NADPH) HMDB0000280 (Phosphoribosyl pyrophosphate) HMDB0000283 (D-Ribose) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate) HMDB0000547 (Magnesium) HMDB0000618 (D-Ribulose 5-phosphate)
- HMDB0000045 (Adenosine monophosphate)
- Pentose Phosphate Pathway
- it is responsible for the generation of a substantial fraction of the cytoplasmic nadph required for biosynthetic reactions, and for the generation of ribose 5-phosphate for nucleotide synthesis. although the pentose phosphate pathway and glycolysis are distinct, they involve three common intermediates: glucose 6-phosphate, glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate, and fructose 6-phosphate, so the two pathways are interconnected.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Pentose Phosphate Pathway'