HMDB0000032 (7-Dehydrocholesterol) HMDB0000067 (Cholesterol) HMDB0000142 (Formic acid) HMDB0000217 (NADP) HMDB0000220 (Palmitic acid) HMDB0000221 (NADPH) HMDB0000227 (Mevalonic acid) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000256 (Squalene) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate)
- HMDB0002027 (8-Dehydrocholesterol)
- Simvastatin Action Pathway
- cytochrome p450 (cyp) enzymes, cyp3a4, cyp3a5, and cyp2c8, have been implicated in this activation step; cyp3a4/5 are responsible for ≥ 80% of simvastatin metabolism while cyp2c8 (not shown in pathway) contributes to ≤ 20% of its metabolism. the simvastatin hydroxy acid inhibits cholesterol synthesis via the mevalonate pathway by competitively inhibiting 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme a (hmg-coa) reductase.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Simvastatin Action Pathway'