HMDB0000037 (Aldosterone) HMDB0000294 (Urea) HMDB0000492 (Chloride ion) HMDB0000574 (L-Cysteine) HMDB0000586 (Potassium) HMDB0000588 (Sodium) HMDB0000595 (Hydrogen carbonate) HMDB0002111 (Water) HMDB0014565 (Spironolactone)
- HMDB0000492 (Chloride ion)
- Spironolactone Action Pathway
- it acts by competing with aldosterone for its receptor inside the principal cells of the late distal tubule and collecting tubule. aldosterone increases sodium reabsorption and potassium excretion by up-regulating the expression of basolateral sodium-potassium atpases as well as luminal (apical) sodium and potassium channels.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Spironolactone Action Pathway'