||Permanganate is a permanganate is a chemical compound that contains the permanganate ion (MnO4-). Because manganese is in the +7 oxidation state, the permanganate ion is a strong oxidizer. Permanganates are salts of permanganic acid. Permanganate is a strong oxidizer, and similar to perchlorate. Being a strong oxidizer it is in common use in qualitative analysis experiments involving redox reactions (permanganometry). (wikipedia). Various anions interact with human serum transferrin to the concomitant binding of iron and a synergistic anion to form the transferrin-anion-iron complex. In vitro, permanganate was found to partially inactivate transferrin. Transferrin treated with a 3:1 molar ratio of permanganate to active sites lost 74 or 67% of its iron-binding capacity, respectively. (PMID: 3028261 ). In the presence of permanganate, Mn3+ was formed and chelated by transferrin at physiological pH in cows and goats. Manganese in the divalent state, either free as Mn2+ or bound to alpha2-macroglobulin, is removed from blood plasma very efficiently by the liver. However, the manganic-transferrin complex normally found in circulation is not rapidly removed from plasma. The liver can remove large amounts of excess manganous manganese which it presumably excretes; the small essential fraction of the manganese absorbed is oxidized to the trivalent state and bound to transferrin. (PMID 60137 ).
- Koren R, Bernheim J, Schachter P, Schwartz A, Siegal A, Gal R: Black thyroid adenoma. Clinical, histochemical, and ultrastructural features. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2000 Mar;8(1):80-4.
- Gelmetti C: Skin cleansing in children. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2001 Sep;15 Suppl 1:12-5.
- Bui CT, Rees K, Lambrinakos A, Bedir A, Cotton RG: Site-selective reactions of imperfectly matched DNA with small chemical molecules: applications in mutation detection. Bioorg Chem. 2002 Aug;30(4):216-32.
- Sami N, Yeh SW, Ahmed AR: Blistering diseases in the elderly: diagnosis and treatment. Dermatol Clin. 2004 Jan;22(1):73-86.
- Johnson TB, Cassidy DD: Unintentional ingestion of potassium permanganate. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2004 Mar;20(3):185-7.
- Tabatabai G, Baehring J, Hochberg FH: Primary amyloidoma of the brain parenchyma. Arch Neurol. 2005 Mar;62(3):477-80.
- Gajewska M, Dzierzgowska A, Pawinski T, Czerwinska K: Spectrofluorimetric assay of azathioprine and 6-mercaptopurine in human blood plasma. Acta Pol Pharm. 1992;49(4):13-6.
- Matsuba A, Oka K, Hoshii Y, Kawamura S, Yonekawa N, Nomura S, Ikezawa Y, Kobayashi M, Ishihara T: A case report of dystrophic localized amyloidosis that developed in the left thigh. Pathol Res Pract. 2005;201(8-9):603-8.
- Pasternak S, Wright BA, Walsh N: Soft tissue amyloidoma of the extremities: report of a case and review of the literature. Am J Dermatopathol. 2007 Apr;29(2):152-5.
- Elghetany MT, Saleem A: Methods for staining amyloid in tissues: a review. Stain Technol. 1988 Jul;63(4):201-12.
- Buck FS, Koss MN, Sherrod AE, Wu A, Takahashi M: Ethnic distribution of amyloidosis: an autopsy study. Mod Pathol. 1989 Jul;2(4):372-7.
- Silveira SR, Hadler WA: A histochemical investigation on the percutaneous absorption of vitamin D synthesized into the mammal epidermis. Acta Histochem. 1985;77(1):11-8.
- Chiba M, Inoue Y, Arakawa H, Masamune O, Ohkubo M: Behcet's disease associated with amyloidosis. Gastroenterol Jpn. 1987 Aug;22(4):487-95.
- Silverman JF, Dabbs DJ, Norris HT, Pories WJ, Legier J, Kay S: Localized primary (AL) amyloid tumor of the breast. Cytologic, histologic, immunocytochemical and ultrastructural observations. Am J Surg Pathol. 1986 Aug;10(8):539-45.
- Makovitzky J: Polarization optical analysis of blood cell membranes. Prog Histochem Cytochem. 1984;15(3):1-100.
- Gal R, Korzets A, Schwartz A, Rath-Wolfson L, Gafter U: Systemic distribution of beta 2-microglobulin-derived amyloidosis in patients who undergo long-term hemodialysis. Report of seven cases and review of the literature. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1994 Jul;118(7):718-21.
- Ito S: High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) analysis of eu- and pheomelanin in melanogenesis control. J Invest Dermatol. 1993 Feb;100(2 Suppl):166S-171S.
- Saluz HP, Jost JP: Approaches to characterize protein-DNA interactions in vivo. Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr. 1993;3(1):1-29.
- Pambuccian SE, Horyd ID, Cawte T, Huvos AG: Amyloidoma of bone, a plasma cell/plasmacytoid neoplasm. Report of three cases and review of the literature. Am J Surg Pathol. 1997 Feb;21(2):179-86.
- Sidoni A, Alberti PF, Bravi S, Bucciarelli E: Amyloid tumours in the soft tissues of the legs. Case report and review of the literature. Virchows Arch. 1998 Jun;432(6):563-6.