HMDB0000045 (Adenosine monophosphate) HMDB0000062 (L-Carnitine) HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate) HMDB0000482 (Caprylic acid) HMDB0000535 (Caproic acid) HMDB0000538 (Adenosine triphosphate) HMDB0000791 (L-Octanoylcarnitine) HMDB0000902 (NAD) HMDB0001070 (Octanoyl-CoA) HMDB0001088 (Butyryl-CoA)
- HMDB0000250 (Pyrophosphate)
- Mitochondrial Beta-Oxidation of Short Chain Saturated Fatty Acids
- fatty acids and their coa esters are found throughout the body, playing roles such as components of cellular lipids, regulators of enzymes and membrane channels, ligands for nuclear receptors, precursor molecules for hormones, and signalling molecules. beta-oxidation occurs in the peroxisomes and mitochondria, the latter of which is depicted here.
- Parent Term
- Biochemical pathway
- Parent Definition
- A linked series of chemical reactions that occur in a defined order within or between organism cells, and lead to a known function or end product.
- Other Metabolites Mapped to 'Mitochondrial Beta-Oxidation of Short Chain Saturated Fatty Acids'